Navigating Hormone Replacement Therapy
In the world of healthcare, one size does not fit all. The intricate and complex systems within our bodies require tailored care that considers our unique health needs. A vital component of this personalized approach is hormone optimization, which sometimes includes Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). HRT is the practice of replacing our body’s hormone levels.
It is natural for hormones levels to decrease with age; however, this can cause several unwanted symptoms- such as fatigue, low libido, hot flashes, etc.
Men and women can both be affected as their hormone levels decrease. Hormones can be optimized in several different ways – orally, topically, via injections or with pellets. At Roots Integrative Medicine, in Marble Falls, Texas, we work with each individual patient to help optimize symptoms with hormone replacement as needed as part of our balanced, comprehensive, and individualized approach to healthcare.
Understanding Hormone Replacement Therapy
Hormones regulate a wide range of bodily functions, from metabolism and growth to mood and sexual health. When our hormones are out of balance, it can lead to a host of health issues, including fatigue, mood swings, weight gain, and decreased sexual function.
Hormone Replacement Therapy is a treatment that replenishes the body’s hormone levels, helping to alleviate these symptoms and improve overall health. It’s often used to manage symptoms of menopause in women, but it’s also beneficial for men experiencing a drop in testosterone levels or individuals with certain hormonal imbalances.
Roots Integrative Medicine: Your Partner in Hormone Health
At Roots Integrative Medicine, Dr. Saxton uses a patient-focused approach to Hormone Replacement Therapy. Drawing on her comprehensive training and understanding of both pharmaceutical and alternative therapies, she develops individualized treatment plans tailored to each patient’s unique health needs and wellness goals.
We know that hormone health is a critical component of overall well-being. Therefore, in addition to prescribing Hormone Replacement Therapy, we also work with our patients to develop holistic lifestyle plans. These include nutritional guidance, stress management techniques, and exercise regimens that can help support hormone health.
Embarking on Your Hormone Health Journey
Whether you’re experiencing symptoms of hormone imbalance, or you’re simply curious about your hormone health, we’re here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our Hormone Replacement Therapy options and how we can help you achieve your health and wellness goals.
What are Pellets?
Pellets are a way to place a small amount of bioidentical estrogen and testosterone subcutaneously and for it to be continuously released over several months (typically 3-5 months). This is a quick office procedure where the area is numbed a small incision is made and the pellets are placed.
Benefits of Testosterone Therapy?
- Improved well-being, energy, strength and endurance.
- Improved body composition, bone density, sexual function, and clitoral sensitivity.
- Decrease in visceral fat.
- Maintenance of muscle mass which maintains metabolism.
- Increases collagen and skin thickness, leading to improved skin texture.
- Decrease in wrinkles, fat deposition, and cellulite. Similar benefits to women as to men
- Increases libido.
Benefits of Estrogen therapy?
- Protects against heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s disease and memory disorders, vaginal atrophy, urinary incontinence, UTI’s, macular degeneration, colon cancer, and cataracts.
- Prevents menopausal hot flashes, temperature dysregulation, and mood disorders.
Benefits of Progesterone Therapy?
- Important for menopausal, perimenopausal, premenopausal, and pregnant women.
- Moderates many side effects of excess estrogen.,
- Reduces fluid retention, bloating, headache, bleeding, and fibroids.
- Progesterone is synergistic to estrogen’s effect on bone and lipids; it is antagonistic to estrogen in the breast and uterus.
- Decreases headaches, cyclical migraines, and bloating associated with menstruation when used in high doses.
- Natural progesterone (MP or OMP) protects against uterine and breast carcinoma, osteoporosis, fibrocystic disease, ovarian cysts, CAD, and ovarian cancer.
Benefits of DHEA:
- Reduces cardiovascular risks by increasing lipolysis (decrease visceral fat).
- Stimulates the immune system, restores sexual vitality, improves mood, decreases cholesterol, and body fat.
Please note: There are risks and benefits with hormonal therapy that should be discussed with your health care provider prior to starting any hormone therapy.