IV Ozone Thearpy at Roots Integrative Medicine
Ozone (O3), is an energized form of oxygen which contains three atoms of oxygen rather than the two atoms we normally breathe. Ozone is one of the best healing agents, detoxifiers, and sterilizers when used in medicine. A systemic medical treatment using ozone is autohemotherapy.
Simply put, Autohemotherapy is the process of taking a person’s blood, cleaning it, and re-introducing it back into the same person’s body.
Much more common in Europe than the United States, Autohemotherapy is very effective against numerous health conditions. In the U.S. it is considered an alternative treatment and is well understood, utilized, and backed with many studies. It can be used as preventative, especially in the elderly as natural degeneration takes place, as well as the chronically
ill or therapy resistant. It is known to boost vitality, metabolism, balance hormones and increase oxidation and energy. Many people with existing health conditions or chronic disease use Autohemotherapy to stimulate their immune system and boost healing.
By definition, “chronic” means long-term or frequently recurring. Part of the reason chronic disease persists is due to a weakened immune system. Reintroducing your blood back into your muscle, tissue, or vein causes your immune system to re-recognize any
metabolic by-products (heavy metals, chemical overload, infectious agents) and launch a new attack. Similar to the way we think of vaccines introducing a small amount of virus, so the body becomes familiar and then immune, Autohemotherapy engages the immune system the same way.
There are several methods of administration:
- Minor Autohemotherapy (mAH) — Preferably once or twice a week the practitioner draws a minimal amount of blood, sometimes mixing it with herbal or homeopathic remedies or ozone (O3) relevant to individual needs, and injects it back into the patient’s buttocks. Ozone provides oxygen to the cells and tissues as well as getting rid of pathogens. This method is known to have profound effects on acne, allergies, rashes, skin disorders, and chronic respiratory diseases. It usually takes about 8-12 treatments for a full evaluation of it’s potential.
- Major Autohemotherapy (MAH) — For best results, once or twice a week, several syringes of blood are extracted, mixed with ozone and reinjected intravenously over a period of 30- 45 minutes. This version of treatment has been known to be effective against conditions such as macular degeneration, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, and tumors. Up to 30 treatments may be recommended over the course of 15 weeks.
- Ultraviolet Blood Irradiation (UBI) — Gaining popularity is the practice of combining MAH with UBI. Your doctor draws your blood, adds ozone, and then passes it through special tubing filled with UVA, UVB, and UVC lights. The combination of ozone and light rays increase the biological activity of the blood cells, thereby increasing immune boosting effects, as well as attaching a tool for eradicating bacteria, fungus, virus, and cancer as none of these dwell under moderate to intense UV conditions.
What are the indications for MAH?
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chemical Sensitivities
- Chronic Allergies
- LYME Disease
- Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis
• Auto-Immune Disease
• Heart and Vascular Disease
• Peripheral Artery Disease
• Dementia and Cebreal Vascular Disease
• Post Stroke
• Diabetic Circulatory Disease
• Cancer (Complementary concept in oncology) • Asthma and COPD
• Hepatitis B and C
• Herpes simplex and herpes zoster (shingles) • Eye Diseases especially retinopathies
• Infections (viral, bacterial, fungal)
• Low Immunity
• Acute hearing loss (vascular only)
• Tinnitus (vascular only)